Friday, October 16, 2009

A Lot to Celebrate!

Hi All,
My darling hubby and I just got back this evening from a trip downstate. Our daughter received her bachelor's degree from The Culinary Institute of America yesterday in Hyde Park. I actually was able to get one decent photo of her in her cap and gown. Isn't she beautiful?

While we were down there, we ventured out onto the new Walkway across the Hudson, which just opened on October 3rd. It crosses the Hudson River between Poughkeepsie and Highland. The walkway is the world's longest pedestrian bridge, over 6,000 feet long. It's 25 ft wide and bumps out to 35 ft at the lookouts.


Now, this was a BIG deal for me. I have height issues. More importantly, I have bridge issues. I love bridges, architechturally speaking, but am not so keen about being on them....Heck, they terrify me! So with the help of my darling hubby, I walked the bridge. Of course I stayed in the middle of the bridge and clung tight to Andy's arm, but I did it. This is me standing in the middle of the bridge freezing my tush off. That's the Mid-Hudson Bridge in the back ground.

Here's Andy. He's not afraid to stand by the rail. In fact, when I got home and looked at the pictures, I could tell which ones I took and which ones Andy took. Mine have rail in the photo,( since I wouldn't leave the center of the bridge), and Andy's all have no rail in them.

Here's the plaque that's on the rail at the center of the bridge,( and yes, Andy took this photo). If you click on the photo it should come up big enough to read.

Here's another photo Andy took. Though you can't see it too well, the building in the photo is of Roth Hall at The Culinary Institute of America.

Well, it's late and I'm tired. Goodnight all.
Blessings!
Roxy

1 comment:

Kim Marie said...

Great pix! How exciting!

Hope your hip is feeling a bit better! Poor thing!

Hop over to my blog...I left something there for you!
Kim Marie