Friday, December 26, 2008

3 Hams and some flowers for Christmas.

Aren't these two a couple of cuties? Actually, they are a couple of hams. They are the children of our niece. DH's sibs and kids came over yesterday for a Christmas visit. Let me tell you about these two. VERY energetic, but VERY well behaved. They kept all of us entertained. My kids, all in their 20's, had a blast with them. The little princess wanted to go home when they first got here, but when it was time to go, she wanted to stay.
We had a nice visit. I was still not feeling the greatest, but DH and DD took care of dinner for me,(they spoil me you know). We had a ham and some other yummy stuff. I did make my Grandma's recipe for Gingerbread. You serve it fresh out of the oven with fresh made whip cream. I was told it was delic. Of course, I couldn't tell because I really couldn't taste much.
So there are the 3 hams,(2 toddlers and an actual ham to eat), now what about the flowers....
This photo is one of several Christmas gifts I made for special friends of mine. Stamp and paper is from SU. I stamped the image with white craft ink and then used prisma colored pencils and a blender pen. Interesting thing was that when I used the blender pen, it kind if brought up some of the ink from below, giving it a painted effect. Wasn't what I had planned, but I was very pleased with the results.

Well, off to get ready for tonight's visitors. DD's friends from high school are all home from college so they're all coming over here tonight.

Blessings!
Roxy

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi Roxy!
What a pair of adorable cutey pies!
Great card too!
Hope you feel better soon and have a great New Year!

Dawn
x

Anne-Marie said...

Hi roxy

Happy New Year. Sorry I haven't visited lately. Computer problems. all sorted now so looking forward to keeping in touch in 2009.

Anne-Marie sbs23

Deby said...

I left you a little gift on my blog! Take a looksie...

Susan (rainy) said...

Those two are adorable! Sounds like you had a great Christmas. Your card is beautiful, too.

Happy New Year! Hope you are feeling all better.

BritChickNY said...

Hey Roxy, thought I'd stop by and say hello! Love the blingy stuff on your blog by the way. Got the snuffles today so figured I'd stay in and take a trip through blog-land.
Hugs.