Thursday, February 12, 2009

Stamping by Candlelight?

Yes, you did read that title correct. I was stamping by candlelight this morning. Shortly after we woke up this morning the power went out. Thankfully it was only out for a few hours. We live in the country, so no power means no water. Can't get water from the well if the pump can't pump. I decided to stay home today because quite honestly, the thought of going to work without a shower just did not appeal to me.

So this card has minimal stamping. I made 4 of these. The ink and paper are SU's wild wasabi. The ribbon is PTI berry sorbet. The green paper is only a couple of inches wide. When you open the card, the inside edge of the green is scalloped.

My niece had her 2nd child over the weekend. A boy. I can't say he's little because he doesn't even fit in newborn clothes. Size 3-6 months! Time to pull out the baby stamps. I made 7 of these baby cards. I used one of the sketch challenges from Splitcoast. (I wish I could remember which one). SU's ballet blue, certainly celery, regal rose and wild wasabi paper. Appricot appeal ribbon and CB folders. The patterned paper came from Joann's.

So that's about it for today.
Blessings!
Roxy

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh congratulations on the arrival of another baby in the family -love your cards Roxy especially the first one - that's a great stamp.

My card with the red and black Roxy didn't take too long because I used liquid pearls round the edge so it was a lot easier than attaching brads!!
I will have to add my description but I posted it so quickly because I was on my way out!!

Have a great weekend!
hugs
Dawn
xx

Deby said...

Darling cards as always! I didn't know you knew Braille! :-)

Kristin said...

Congratulations on your family's newest additions! I love baby cards almost as much as I love babies (and the cards are less work :) ) These are adorable! xo Kristin