Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The 3 Day Walk, Part 3


Day 2 began at 5:30 when we got up to go get some breakfast and head back out on the route. We were doing what Deby nicknamed "The 3 Day" shuffle. Everyone was doing it. Walking with blisters, sore and stiff body parts. We all looked very funny, but no one cared because we ALL were walking that way.

This first photo is of an arch that we passed under while out on the route. Day 2 was full of beautiful paths....some spots were extremely rough going, but still beautiful none the less.

You'd never guess it, but one of our favorite sites along the route were the port-a-johns at the pit stops. You can tell here that Deby was happy.

My knee was still bothering me. I had put on my knee brace, and would ice my knee at every pit stop. I made it to the pit stop before lunch and knew I couldn't go on. So while Deby went on the 3 miles to lunch, I took the sag van to lunch.

After lunch, I decided to continue on with Deby. Along the way, there were many supporters cheering us on, passing out candy. And the motorcycle crew was out there doing what they did best, keeping us safe as we crossed the roads.

Even though I lost 3 more miles, I crossed that finish line with Deby. What a great feeling. And waiting for us there were staff and others cheering us on.

So it was off for showers, foot massages and food again. But this time we were in bed by 6:45! Yes, you read that correctly, 6:45.

Blessings!
Roxy

No comments: