Tuesday, October 7, 2008

3 days, 60 miles & 1 AMAZING journey!!!

Deby and I are back from our 3 day adventure in Washington, DC. It was the most incredible, amazing experience! If you ever get a chance to participate in The 3 Day Walk for breast cancer research, do it!!!! Words can't describe the experience.

This photo was taken at the airport in Rochester as we were getting ready to leave for DC. That's my friend Deby on the left and me on the right. We flew out the day before the event as we had to be at the starting point between 5:30 and 6:30 am on Friday. Deby doesn't do well flying,(motion sickness), but she was quite the trooper. Not once did the barf bag come out. :-)

So a dear new friend picked us up at the airport in DC. Linda is a wonderful woman whose daughter goes to college with my daughter. She and her husband, Mark graciously housed us, fed us, transported us, and entertained us before and after the event.

There is so much to share that I will put up multiple posts on our great adventure, including pictures. And if I ever figure out how to do a slide show, I'll post that too.

Blessings!
Roxy

1 comment:

Deby said...

You HAD to mention the barf bag, didn't you???